9/12/2009

Dunanda Falls West Yellowstone

Let the hike begin!
My goodness there was some beautiful scenary along the way!
Our first water crossing.
A helping shoulder.  :)
Putting our shoes back on, on the other side.
THE MEADOW!! (Think Bambi)
Our next crossing.  You could do it one of 2 ways...like Lisa above.
...or using a good old fashioned fallen log.
This is Silver Scarf Falls.
Lisa J. and I at Silver Scarf Falls
Dunanda Falls from above.  Very pretty.
Dunanda Falls from below.  I am getting ready to go play behind the waterfall and then sit in some natural hot springs right there in the river I am standing in.  It was the coolest experience!!
The trail on the way back.
A touch of Fall.
Re-shoeing again after crossing the water on the way back.  Now that's a good lookin group!
We did it!!  18 miles round trip!  Whoa!  I had a hard time walking the next day.
One more quick stop.  These are Cave Falls.
And, of course, we have to stop at Big Judd's! 
Yummy!

No comments: