12/03/2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

My First Turkey!



A 20+ pounder.



A thawed turkey feels gross. Hence the expression.




It's not my favorite thing to be patting a naked turkey at 6 o'clock in the morning... on my break.   




There is just something wrong about this.  I'm not sure who feels more violated. 




I'm finally ready to "bag" my turkey.  That is butter, by the way, in the bag to baste the turkey as it cooks.




Time to put old Tom in the oven.  It was a bit of a struggle to get him in the pan, he was a big turkey.  Thank goodness he was...stuffable.  :)




Here we are after a much needed nap and 5 1/2 hours. 




Not too shabby for a first turkey! 

3 comments:

the ginabean said...

Oh, it's beautiful! -About 4 or 5 years ago, I decided to truly help my mom out with the turkey, just in case I ever got married and had to do one on my own one day...

Anyhoo, pulling out the neck and guts and whatnot...that was truly traumatizing, and I haven't touched an un-cooked turkey since.

Jeanna said...

You're amazing! I especially like the apron.

Marina said...

Great play by play! I especially love the thumbs up with the turkey in the oven. It looked great. Tasted good too. Guess who gets the job every year now!!