So this summer started out with my contract with Rigby High School NOT being renewed because of budget cuts. Sad, sad day. I was really starting to like those teenage dudes.
So, I started diligently putting in applications and searching for a new job, because if my first year of teaching taught me anything it was how much I loved teaching. Finding a job in Idaho was pretty much out of the questions so I started applying elsewhere. My first interview took me on a road trip to Green River, WY.


I was really impressed with the school....the area.....not so much. However, it didn't really matter because they ended up hiring someone else. So I kept putting in more, and more, and more, and more applications. But just because I didn't have a job didn't mean that I had to stop enjoying my summer.
So I went to reunions...
WHAT?!
Pregnant lady shooting a BIG gun.
Trust Activity
 |
| Lots of mosquitos! |
I went camping...
 |
Pondering the meaning of life
|
I even got to spend an entire week at girl's camp!
 |
| Camp Cumorah...Oh the memories! |
 |
| ¡OlĂ©! |
 |
| The Mighty Hikers |
Well, finally I got a call for another interview. This time in Cortez, CO. So I was on the road again this time with my roommate to go to another state for another interview. The road trip was fun and the interview went well. I was much more impressed with the area and impressed with the school as well. Thank goodness the principal was impressed enough with me, because he called me the next day and offered me the job. I accepted and will soon be on my way to Cortez, CO. To say the least it is going to be an adventure, but one that I am looking forward to. Here's to new beginnings!
 |
| Road Trip! |
 |
| Mesa Verde |
 |
| Us...and Mesa Verde |
 |
| Cortez is a beautiful area. |
4 comments:
I already miss you! We're gonna have to come down and visit! I think Brookie told me you're only 2 hours from Moab?!
Yeah - you finally blogged! That is a really pretty area - good luck with all the fun and big changes to come (wink, wink) and you'll be in our prayers!
I am so happy for you! I'll call soon and find out the details. I'm sure you're busy and stressed, and excited, and stressed, and anxious to get started, and stressed. Can you tell how I'm feeling about only two weeks left of summer!
Good luck with the new job! What will you be teaching? Cortez is really beautiful!
Post a Comment